A talk with Tobi Kelner – Centre for Alternative Technology, Machynlleth
- Date: Wednesday 6th March 2013
- Time: 7.00pm
- Venue: Tom Ruxton Lecture Theatre, Beaconside, Stafford Campus
- Website: www.cat.org.uk
Tobi joined CAT's Information Service to "inform, inspire and enable" the public, while doing a renewable energy post graduate degree. He also works as a consultant helping householders and businesses to install wind turbines and solar panels.
Tobi Kelner leads a talk on the Zero Carbon Britain 2030 scenario which will touch on:
- Powering down: how we can reduce energy consumption by 50%.
- Powering up: how we can then produce 100% of the energy required from renewable sources.
- Variability issues: how we deal with the fact that the wind doesn't always blow.
- Land use & diet change: how agriculture and diets will change in the ZCB 2030 scenario.
The talk will take approximately 45-60 minutes with time for questions and answer. A light refreshment buffet will follow.
For further detail please contact Geoff White, Sustainability Matters on 01785 244541, email: email@example.com or contact Staffordshire University Centre for Energy Efficient Systems.